Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Local Girl with Cancer Denied Service In Local Restaurant For Wearing Protective Germ Mask

Southern Ohio Social Times spoke exclusively with Mother of local teen Sydney Hodge, teen with Nodular Sclerosing Hodgkin's Lymphoma that had her funding bracelets recently stolen from her home in Bourneville. Sydney is required to where a germ mask for her protection during treatment. Sydney and 3 of her friends went to eat at the Los Mariaches Western Ave/Central Center location today. As they were ordering, they were asked by the server to remove the mask. Sydney explained she had to wear it and he "rolled his eyes" according to her. He then asked again and she said she could not remove it. He then proceeded to ask them to leave. According to the teens,on the way out the door a kitchen worker "whistled" as they were leaving. When the mother attempted to call and ask why this had happened and to complain, the person answering the phone at Los Mariaches said "Me speak no english" and was no help to her on the compliant. When ~AB of Southern Ohio Social Times contacted them after speaking with the mother via phone, he was told again "Me speak no english. More on this as we have it.......
UPDATE TO STORY

10 comments:

  1. That's terrible. I fought cancer and had to wear a mask as well, everywhere I went. I finally beat it with vitamin B17. BTW, "wear" is spelled "wear" and not "where." I know it was a typo. I do that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like it's time to give someone else your money Ross County.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow straight ridiculous! obviously they don't care about their customer or people in general I would be ashamed

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a good time for people to find somewhere else to eat…ignorant rude employees and probably owner.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have said this a few times tonight. My husband works at the location in Zane Plaza. We are all disgusted by this. Our hearts and prayers go out to this family. I hope that everyone relizes none of the same ppl work at both locations. And i would like to also say I know the owner personally and I know he is equally disgusted.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I loved eating at this place but I can definitely say that they've lost my business. How dare you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never eaten there and now I NEVER WILL!!! This is Discrimination and I never support businesses that do! I say BOYCOTT that restaurant Ross County!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the comments recommending boycott, with one caveat -- Give the owner/management the opportunity to do the right thing, i.e. firing of guilty parties AND a personal and unconditional apology to the offended parties.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is terrible. My brother died from Lymphoma.He graduated high school from his bed at OSU Hospital and my profile picture is of my brother. I thank god he didn't have to experience something like this. And Sydney didn't deserve this. It is so easy for an employee to ruin a companies reputation . I at least hope and pray that this employee was fired and I pray that it is his reputation that is ruined and that he never is employed by anyone in the United States.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing what your breaking news started. You should be proud.

    ReplyDelete